Follow Graham on Twitter

Monday, June 9, 2014

Haiku on State/ Tell/ / Wish/ Only

State

Red sky rain empty
The land is utterly parched
State the obvious

In a right old state
Wondering who I have been
What I gave to life

Babies to protect
Willy Wagtail states his case
Clear in black and white

Tell

Tell me you love me
Tell me again and again
And I'll climb mountains

You would tell on me
Give away all our secrets
You rotten fibber

Tittle tattlers tell
Totally untrustworthy
Tempting tough tactics

Wish

Wishes ain't fishes
They are not horses neither
And I'm a beggar

Wishes can come true
They just take years of study
And really hard work

Old Chinese proverb
Be careful what you wish for
It may well come true

The key to her heart
Only one on silver chain
Five copies at home

Only

A true sense of self
Honed through the darkest of nights
Only the lonely

Only the first child
Needs imaginary friends
Second has the first

The key to her heart
Only one on silver chain
Five copies at home

No comments:

Post a Comment