Follow Graham on Twitter

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Haiku on Taste/ Clean/ Lend/ Bridge

Taste

I was a smoker
Stopped for over 40 years
I can almost taste

Victory is mine
I can almost taste triumph
How does this key work?

What does the pack say?
This tastes almost like mango
Oh, it is mango

Clean

Lady Macbeth's hands
She never could get them clean
Guilt does not wash off

A clean white canvas
What beauty can we create
With a few brush strokes

Travelling away
House must be spotlessly clean
For when we return

Lend

If you lend me ten
Next week I'll give you two fives
We will be even

Friends, Romans, others
Lend me your ears if you will
Even if you're deaf

Lend a hand, my friend
Even this time of the year
People can suffer

Bridge

We reach out and touch
Over the breakfast table
Bridging night's troubles

We reached bridge contract
Way more than our points suggest
Should be fun to play

Family kindness
Bridge to sanity and health
Down generations

No comments:

Post a Comment